Uncommon Women Mount Holyoke College
$70.00 – $370.00
The original collage was created with recycled greeting cards and digitized photographs. Featured in this piece are images of famous alumnae of Mount Holyoke. If you would like me to sign the print to your uncommon person, please include the name in the “comments” box during checkout.
NEW OPTION: I can personalize this collage by adding the face of your Mount Holyoke graduate or alum. This option is a special order for 11×14 prints only and I will contact you to get the image that will be incorporated into the gate. See photo below with my face circled. Contact me with any questions. (use contact page and an email goes right to my inbox).
Faces in the piece include:
- Mary Lyon, Founder
- Emily Dickinson 1848, American poet.
- Mary Woolley, president of Mt. Holyoke College from 1901 to 1937.
- Frances Perkins 1902, the first woman to be appointed to a presidential cabinet- labor secretary under FDR.
- Dr. Virginia Apgar 1929, developer of the Apgar score, an internationally recognized test for evaluating the health of newborns
- Ella Tambussi Grasso 1940, first woman governor elected in her own right; recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Gloria Johnson-Powell 1958, first African American woman to attain tenure at Harvard Medical School
- Elizabeth Topham Kennan, 1960, 16th president of Mount Holyoke College
- Wendy Wasserstein 1971, playwright; recipient of the Tony Award, the Dramatists Guild Award, and the Pulitzer Prize
- Elaine Chao 1975, former secretary of labor
- Lynn Pasquerella 1980, president, Mount Holyoke College; former provost and chief academic officer, University of Hartford
- Holly Metcalf 1981, first American gold medalist in women’s eight-oar boat
- Suzan-Lori Parks 1985, playwright; Pulitzer Prize and MacArthur Fellowship winner
- Kavita Ramdas 1985, former CEO, Global Fund for Women
- Mona Sutphen 1989, former deputy chief of staff, Obama administration
The piece also includes photos from the MHC class of 1984 at Laurel Parade, Commencement, Mountain Day, and freshman year.
Giclee prints are created with a high resolution scan of the original work and then printed on heavy acid-free paper with ultra-chrome pigmented fine art ink. Each is individually signed and presented in an archival off-white mat, ready for a standard size frame. Or you can buy the art framed and ready to hang in either black or natural wood frames.
Larger prints (8×10 and above) reproduce the ragged edges of the originals, showing the pieces of the collage. For prints larger than 11×14 or custom sizes, contact the artist.
Shipping is $5.00